LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set Review – To teach phonic skills to kids at a young age, one of the options for the perfect toy is the LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set. Designed specifically for kids who are aged 2 and above, this will help in learning the alphabet in a way that is fun. The challenge in making kids learn something is to make it entertaining. This toy solves such problem as it is integrated with fun music and sounds that kids are sure to love. The alphabet knowledge that kids can learn from this toy will serve as a solid foundation in learning how to read. More than such, it is designed with letter tiles, which can be manipulated by children and will be an opportunity for them to improve their motor skills.
- 26 interactive letter tiles that stick on magnetic surface
- Sing-along alphabet song
- Volume switch for two sound level options
- Built-in speaker
1. Colorful Design: One thing that will captivate the attention of the kids who will be using this toy would be its colorful design. For sure, kids will find it interesting, and hence, encouraging them to play while learning at the same time.
2. Three Learning Songs. Including the alphabet song, this toy comes with three learning songs. Children can listen to it to be entertained or sing-along with the toy for added fun. All they have to do is press the tile and they can dance to the music of the toy.
3. Improves Motor Skills: This toy is most probably known to many as one that can help enhance alphabet knowledge and vocabulary. Nonetheless, it is also important to point out that it helps in the development of fine motor skills because the kids will manipulate the tiles depending on the letters that they want.
4. Attaches to the Fridge: It is also a good thing that this toy can be easily attached to the fridge. As long as it is maintained at the right height, it is easily accessible for children, allowing them to have fun and learn when they want to.
5. Kid-Safe Materials: When looking for toys that are perfect for children, it is important to have a look at the materials that are used. The LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set is perfect because it is made with the use of non-toxic materials that will not harm children in any way.
Things to Consider
1. Only One Rhyme: For each letter and number, there is only one corresponding phrase or rhyme. Some parents believe it would be better if there are more rhymes as children can sometimes get easily bored when they hear the same thing.
2. British Accent: There were also some parents who did not like the toy because the accent was quite hard to understand for some kids. For those who speak with British accent, on the other hand, this will not be a problem.
In spite of the drawbacks, the LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set still makes a good choice for a toy that can teach phonics to kids while they are young. It comes in the form of a ref magnet and has 26 tiles. Kids can sing-along to the embedded songs or just dance through its tune. Indeed, it is a fun to play, educational toy.