LeapFrog LeapTV Review – Kids love game consoles. Parents, on the other hand, are often hesitant about introducing their children to game consoles at a young age. With this, the LeapFrog LeapTV Educational Gaming System offers the perfect solution. This console is made to allow children to play games that are approved by educators and that will allow them to improve their skills in Math, Science, and English. With a library consisting of several games and videos, it is sure to provide child-friendly entertainment in a manner that is educational as well. The product contains a state-of-the-art controller, full-body motion controls, and a user-friendly interface.
- Includes a console, motion-sensing camera, and controller
- Built-in Wi-Fi and 16GB of memory
- Games are educator-approved
- 720p high-definition gaming
1. Ease of Setup: Once taken out of the box, there is no need to sweat in putting the pieces together. With just a few minutes to spare, the console will soon be ready and kids can start playing.
2. User-friendly Interface: The intuitive interface will be easy for children to master. In the same way, the controller is also designed to be minimal so that it will be less complicated to use. Menu is also available in spoken format, perfect for the young ones who do not yet know how to read.
3. Three Ways to Play: The LeapFrog LeapTV Educational Gaming System also offers flexibility as children can enjoy using it in three different ways – pointer play, classic control, and body motion. There are many games that will encourage kids to move and be active.
4. Learning that Supports your Child’s Needs: It is also worth noting that it comes with Just for Me Learning feature, which has been developed by LeapFrog to make sure that the games will be appropriate for the age of the user.
Things to Consider
1. Limited Selection: Compared to other video game consoles that kids can use, you will find a limited selection of games. This can be a problem for kids who often get bored playing the same game.
2. A Bit Overpriced: There are also many parents who noted that the price is quite expensive, especially because there are more feature-rich kid-friendly gaming consoles that are also available in the market.
3. Dark Camera: The children can see himself or herself when playing through the included camera. The problem is that it is often too dark, unless it is positioned where there is ample supply of lighting.
The LeapFrog LeapTV Educational Gaming System will be worth the shot if you are looking for consoles that are made for the needs of children. While there are limitations in terms of the available games and even in spite of being a bit expensive, it can still prove to be a worthy investment. With this console, kids will get to play games that will stimulate them mentally and will encourage them to move. With its ease of setup and user-friendly interface, it is beneficial for both kids and parents.