LeapFrog My Own Leaptop Review – Introducing children to technology at a young age is possible with the LeapFrog My Own Leaptop. It may not be as advanced as the laptops that adults are using, but it is kid-friendly and will allow them to enjoy tons of features that are built specifically for their age. Perfect for children aged two to four, it has been recognized as the 2011 Toy of the Year by the Toy Industry Association. This toy is not only entertaining and fun to play, but also educational.
- Built with large screen, which makes it easy to use as well
- Options for customization, such as personalizing with the name of the user
- Four learning modes and 16 songs
- Create important emails and customized messages
- Sturdy body, perfect for kids
- Lightweight design with built-in carrying handle
1. Easy To Use: The lack of complications is one thing that gives this toy an edge above others. Setup is going to be a breeze. Simply use the cable provided to have it connected to your laptop and you can begin personalizing content based on what you think will be loved by your child. It is also compact and lightweight, making it easy for kids to carry.
2. Educational Content: Some toys are made to entertain. Some, like in the case of LeapFrog My Own Leaptop, are made not only to entertain, but to also educate. The toy has a wide array of activities that can help kids to have foundation in learning. With this toy, kids can learn the alphabet, as well as animal sounds. The best part is that it teaches them how to use a laptop at such a young age.
3. Features for Personalization: It is also a good thing that LeapFrog My Own Leaptop comes with several options for customization. You can input the name of the child so that they can hear it every time they open the toy. There are also different email greetings that you can set.
4. Reliable Customer Support: This modern toy offers excellent customer support services. From their website, you can see everything that you have to know about how it is used. You can get in touch with one of the customer representatives if there is any issue you would want to address.
Things to Consider
1. No Backlight: Although a minor issue, some did not like the fact that there is no integrated backlight. With such, it would be hard to use the toy when in a dark room.
2. Limited Features: There are also some parents who found the features to be limited. Nonetheless, keep in mind that it is made for 2-4 year old kids. Therefore, they do not need a lot of features in a toy to have fun.
In sum, if you are looking for an educational toy that is going to be best for young kids, the LeapFrog My Own Leaptop will present the perfect choice. Whether it is learning the alphabet, playing games, or listening to music, this is one toy that kids will definitely love. It is a good thing that it has a tough, kid-friendly design. More so, it also offers options for customization. Although some people were disappointed with the lack of backlight, such is not a significant issue.