LEGO Scooby Doo Mystery Machine 75902 Review – Does your child love the mystery solving capers of Scooby and the gang? Then let them bring the fun and adventure of Scooby Doo home with the LEGO Scooby-Doo The Mystery Machine Building Kit. Your child will have hours of fun building The Mystery Machine and assisting Scooby, Shaggy and Fred in a brand new mysterious adventure.
- Recommended Ages = 6 to 12 years old
- Total Pieces = 301
Buildable items which include:
- The Mystery Machine which measures 3 inches x 5 inches x 2 inches and includes:
- A driver’s cabin with steering wheel that can seat two mini figures
- A removable roof
- Foldout sides
- A kitchen area with a stove, sink and spigot
- Spooky Tree which measures 3 inches x 3 inches x 1 inch
4 mini figures which include:
- 1 Scooby Doo mini figure
- 1 Shaggy mini figure
- 1 Fred mini figure
- 1 zombie mini figure
Accessories which include:
- 2 computer screens
- 1 camera
- 1 flashlight
- 1 gem
- 1 giant triple decker sandwich
- 1 mug
- 1 special brick with a mystery clue
- 1 spy glass
- 1 tape recorder
1. Scooby Doo Branding: Not only do The Mystery Machine, Scooby, Shaggy and Fredlook just like their on-screen counterparts but many of the accessories contain clever references to the show. For example, the giant triple decker sandwich accessory is a reference to Shaggy and Scooby’s constant hunger on the show. Fans of the TV series will really appreciate these nods to the Scooby Doo universe and get lots of enjoyment discovering them all in the LEGO Scooby-Doo The Mystery Machine Building Kit.
2. Sturdy Design: One common problem that affects many of the smaller LEGO sets is that they’re quite fragile and this makes them difficult to transport. Thankfully, this isn’t something you’ll have to worry about with the LEGO Scooby-Doo The Mystery Machine Building Kit. It’s a very solid set and once it’s been built, all the pieces will stay together during play and whenever you need to move it around.
3. Attention To Detail: Another great thing about the LEGO Scooby-Doo The Mystery Machine Building Kit is its level of detail. The driver’s cabin inside the van includes a steering wheel and the rear of the van folds out into a kitchen area, complete with a sink, stove and spigot. Even the smallest accessories contain incredible detail. For example, the magnifying glass accessory really works and actually magnifies anything you point it at. These details add to the overall fun of the set and your child will love exploring and discovering them all.
Things To Consider
1. Only 3 Scooby Doo Characters: One thing to be aware of before buying the LEGO Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Building Kit is that it doesn’t include the entire gang. While it’s great to see Scooby Doo, Shaggy and Fred included, the absence of Velma and Daphne is slightly disappointing.
2. Compact Design: The LEGO Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Building Kit is one of the smaller LEGO sets on the market. So, if your child prefers the more expansive playsets, this may not be the right toy for them.
At less than $30, the LEGO Scooby-Doo The Mystery Machine Building Kit is very affordable and ideal for Scooby fans. It would have been nice to see all 5 members of the gang included but even with just Scooby Doo, Shaggy and Fred, your child will have plenty of fun building The Mystery Machine and helping the boys solve the mystery.