Pokémon My Friend Pikachu Review – Pikachu is one of the most popular Pokémon characters, appearing on animated TV shows, video games, comics and card games. Now, parents can get a stuffed toy of this popular Pokémon figure thanks to Japanese based toy manufacturer, TOMY.
Kids can cuddle up with My Friend Pikachu, a 10-inch high plush toy with an adorable face. However, this is not your ordinary stuffed animal toy. It has some cool sound and light effects that will captivate toddlers. Learn more about it in the following Pokémon My Friend Pikachu review.
Features of the Pokémon My Friend Pikachu Stuffed Animal
My Friend Pikachu is a stuffed toy recommended for kids aged 4 and above. It only weighs about 11.2 ounces, measures 8-inches from base to head, two more inches up to the ears and about 5.5-inches wide. Therefore, the size is decent for young hands and kids will have no trouble picking up this lightweight plush toy. As far as features are concerned, here is what to expect from My Friend Pikachu, the Pokémon stuffed toy.
- Soft, lively and colorful design: Pikachu’s body is covered with soft fur that encourages cuddling. The plush toy features Pikachu’s signature color scheme of red cheeks, yellow body and pointed long ears with black tips. Kids will have a friendly face to play with as Pikachu’s embroidered eyes, smile, and red cheeks express happiness.
- Pressure or motion activated movements, sounds and light effects: When kids hug Pikachu or press the belly area, special sensors trigger several responses. For instance, the pressure will activate Pikachu’s ears to wiggle up and down. In addition, tiny bulbs placed below the red cheeks light up as Pikachu plays over 10 phrases and sounds. Pikachu also makes sleepy sounds and giggles when laid down to rest.
Is the Pokémon My Friend Pikachu Stuffed Toy Worth Buying?
Stuffed toys such as My Friend Pikachu are great for toddlers. Emotions will be tested as the plush toy is hugged, kiss, or even hit. Kids can pretend to nurse and feed Pikachu or put their friend to bed. By rehearsing these real life situations, they get to learn early parenting skills. What’s more, your kid’s face will light up when Pikachu plays one his signature sounds. For these reasons, this cuddly plush toy is worth buying, especially if you have a child or grandchild aged between 4 and 8 years.
- Plush toy features Pikachu’s signature colors
- The stuffed animal has a cute, friendly facial expression that make kids happy
- Motion, sound and light effects bring the toy to life and captivate kids in the process
- A firm plastic plate is placed in the belly area to withstand constant squeezing from kids
Things to Consider
- Although the 2 AA batteries that Pikachu requires come included in the package, the fact that this stuffed toy requires a power source for some of its functions is a disadvantage. This means that the sound and light effects will not function when the batteries wear out.
- This Pikachu has limited vocabulary. For instance, it does not make any battle cries.
If your little Pokémon trainer is 5 and under, then he/she will love this plush toy for its sound and motion activated special effects. Kids aged up to 8 years who have watched Pokémon cartoons or played video games with the famous Pikachu character will still appreciate this stuffed animal. Overall, My Friend Pikachu is affordably priced for an animated plush toy and most buyers have left positive reviews on various online merchant sites.