Star Wars The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Extendable Lightsaber Review – If there is one thing that makes Star Wars, it is the lightsabers. These have inspired and put audiences in awe some the first Star Wars hit theaters in the summer of 1977. With the latest rendition, Star Wars Episode: 7 The Force Awakens coming out in December of 2015, a brand new styling of lightsaber is set to hit the silver screen. The much discussed “cross guard” saber, appearing almost like a broadsword from the middle ages, fans have wondered what the meaning of the “cross guard” is and why the blade appears to be unstable in all the pictures and previews. While fans will have to wait to see the movie, the toy itself is one of the hottest Star Wars toys on the market today
- Recommended Ages = 4 years and up
- Total Pieces = 1
1 plastic lightsaber with extendable blade and cross guard.
- Main blade is fully extendable
- Side “cross guard” tends slightly out from each side of the hilt.
1. The Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Extendable Lightsaber features a movie-like appearance. The grip and blade replicates that of Kylo in the movie and can be seen in all of the trailers and movie poster.
2. Features a Flick to Extend design. Instead of having to pull out the blade, all the user needs to do is flick the handle downward and the blade is going to fully extend. This way, fans can easily play out their favorite scenes from the movies or create their own.
3. A new toy from Star Wars includes the Blade Builders. This allows individuals to construct their very own lightsabers. They can use the basic designs of this toy or from other, stand alone toys, but it can also be combined with the Blade Builders set in order to produce a brand new lightsaber. This way, fans can not only relive their favorite movies and use the now famous blade, but they can become as imaginative as possible when producing their own lightsaber.
Things To Consider
1. This is not a light-up lightsaber. While there are other lightsabers on the market that light up, this is not one of them. So, for anyone who is looking for a blade that shimmers with an internal light, they need to go with a different offering than this one.
2. The blade is on the shorter end. It extends to a full 13.5 inches. This keeps the blade to a rather short extension. Now, that is desirable for some people while others might want something a bit longer, like the broadsword appearance the lightsaber has in the trailers.
3. As there are no batteries there are no small parts. This is why the toy can be used by someone as young as four. There are no choking hazards and all of the pieces are rather large.
Kyo Ren is set up to be a fan favorite when he takes on the rest of The Resistance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. As part of the Knights of Ren, Kylo Ren is not a true Sith Lord, but more a fanatic and fan of the teachers. Set to scour the galaxy for important relics and artifacts of the past teaching, Kylo and the Knights of Ren are constantly on the look out for new artifacts to add to their collection. One of the latest items they have obtained includes Darth Vader’s helmet. Now, he needs to continue on the line of dark figures with his cross section lightsaber.